As summer comes to a close and the leaves start to turn golden and orange, there will be sad faces all around as the routine of school and work is back in full swing. Those sad faces will soon change into scary faces as Halloween is just around the corner!
The Halloween break is a great time for families to take a trip to celebrate this spooktacular holiday and County Kerry has the key to #UnlockTheMagic this Halloween. With a variety of spooktacular hotel packages on offer and plenty of seasonal activities, there is lots to see and do to really get into the spooky spirit this Halloween in Kerry!
Killarney Pumpkin Farm
Situated on the outskirts of Killarney Town in Co. Kerry you will find Killarney Pumpkin Farm, nestled in the quiet hills of Headford. Visit Killarney Pumpkin Farm and pick your own pumpkin from their pumpkin patch. If pumpkin picking isn’t your thing, there are a lot of other activities to choose from to get you immersed in the spirit of Samhain. You can make your way through the corn maze, hear ghost stories at the haunted ghost bus, or if that’s too scary for you, meet the farm’s alpacas, just name to name a few.
There are also plenty of spots for refreshments on the farm. The Patch pop-up serves Halloween-themed food and beverages while you’re pumpkin picking. The Farm Café is great for some baked goods while The Farm Food Bus provides fall meals.
Admission is €14.50 per person with family bundles available. Tickets are available on their website.
Sandy Feet Farm
If you aren’t interested in scary Halloween events then Sandy Feet Farm’s Halloween Hoedown might be the perfect event for you! This is a fright-free family-friendly event which is suitable for all ages! All children must be accompanied by an adult, and all adults must be accompanied by a child to attend. Their friendly Halloween characters will entertain you with an interactive story, singing, dancing and more! There will be a limited number of animals on the farm, the playground and sensory garden will also be open. Their Café will be open with Halloween-themed sweet treats and drinks.
Tralee Bay Wetlands
Visit Tralee Bay Wetlands Eco & Activity Park for an awesome Autumn activity this Halloween Mid Term Break on their “Wetlands Pumpkin Scavenger Hunt”. Ever wondered what creatures lurk around Tralee Bay Wetlands at Halloween? A Scavenger Hunt with activities and searching for clues will lead families to the Pumpkin Patch, where you choose your own pumpkin to take home to carve or decorate for Halloween.
Kenmare Halloween Howl
Come to Kenmare and join their 8 days of Halloween celebrations.
There will be fire in the streets, storytelling, scary movies, a haunted forest, arts and crafts, Halloween parade, games and lots more. Some not so scary events for the young and young at heart too.
If none of these activities takes your fancy why not check out our event guide to see what’s happening in Kerry!
Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, Tralee
Enjoy a spooktacular Halloween at Ballygarry House. Explore the gardens and discover the hidden treasures on their Enchanted Garden Fairy Trail. Their Howl-O-Ween Family Breaks are available for 2 Adults & 2 Children,
- Overnight Accommodation in a Luxurious Guestroom (One or Two night Options)
- Breakfast each morning in Restaurant 58
- Family dinner on an evening of your choice
- Milk & Cookies at Bedtime
- Family Aqua Dome Pass
- Complimentary adults & children bicycles to explore onsite Estate Trails or Ballyseedy Woods
- Enchanted Fairy Trail onsite with maps
- In-house Board Games
- Complimentary WiFi
The Great Southern, Killarney
Enjoy a fun & spooky-themed break with the family at Great Southern Killarney this Halloween. The Victorian grandeur of Great Southern Killarney makes for the perfect backdrop for a Halloween family break, with exciting Halloween-themed activities to enjoy every day.
This package includes 2 nights of luxurious accommodation in a family room with a Full Irish Breakfast each morning. Dinner for adults in The Garden Room restaurant on one evening of your choice. Children have access to the Halloween Family Fun Programme including (Not so)Scary Movie Nights & Spider Hunts & Full access to the Health Club at Great Southern which includes a 15m Heated Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi & Two Outdoor Tennis Courts.
October Mid-term Halloween 2-Night Offer From €554
- Full Irish Breakfast each morning
- Dinner for adults in the Garden Room Restaurant on one evening of your choice.
- Halloween Family Fun Programme including Ghost Train, (Not so) Scary Movie Nights & Spider Hunts!
Kenmare Bay Hotel, Kenmare
2 Nights B&B with 1 Dinner for 2 adults and up to 2 children sharing under 12 From only € 179pps
- 2 Kids under 12 Stay & Dine FREE*
- Breakfast each morning
- Dinner on one evening
Cahernane House Hotel, Killarney
Enjoy a luxurious 2 night Halloween break at Cahernane House Hotel. Full Irish breakfast each morning and dinner on one evening of your choice. Gather round the fire for some wonderful tales of myth and mystery. Autumn is such a gorgeous time in Killarney, to discover and explore all this vibrant town and parklands has to offer.
Monday, October 31st 2022
- Halloween treats in your room on arrival.
- At 6 pm, there will be a haunted history tour of Cahernane. Keep watching behind you!
- Four Course Dinner on one evening. *Children’s menu available
- Gather around the fire in the Drawing Room to hear Ireland’s greatest storyteller, Eddie Lenihan, tell tales of myth, magic and mystery. Suitable for all ages from 9.30 pm.
Tuesday, November 1st 2022
- Breakfast at leisure from 8 am – 10.30 am
- At 11.30 am this morning (All Souls Day), meet at Killegy Graveyard to see where the Herberts of Cahernane and Muckross were buried and they will tell some ghost stories there too about some interesting local characters.
- Explore Killarney for the afternoon. Check out the secret cave at Muckross or look for the ghosts past Ross Castle.
- Children staying, can enjoy a Halloween movie with popcorn and even more, Halloween treats this evening.
Dingle Skellig, Dingle
A 2 night family break is the ideal way to explore Dingle. Their family facilities include our Fungi Kids Club, Skellig Creche, family utility room, interconnecting rooms, babysitters, kids tea times and our leisure club with kids pool!
- 2 Nights Accomodation at Dingle Skellig
- Breakfast each morning
- 1 Dinner
- Family facitilites: Fungi Kids Club, Skellig Creche, family utility room, interconnecting rooms, babysitters, kids tea times and their leisure club with kids pool
Indulge with a two-night break at Killarney Royal which includes a full Irish Breakfast each morning and a delicious 4-course evening meal for adults on the evening of your choice in either The Candle Room Restaurant or The Royal Bar & Bistro.
Residents of Killarney Royal can avail of all the Halloween treats and activities which will be taking place in their sister property, Great Southern Killarney, which is conveniently located within a short walking distance of Killarney Royal. There is something for all the family which will be sure to make you shudder! The Halloween activities include Scary Movie Nights and Spider Hunts which are sure to make your spine tingle!
Residents of Killarney Royal also have complimentary access to the Health Club at their Sister Property, Great Southern Killarney which includes a 15m Heated Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi & Two Outdoor Tennis Courts.
2-night getaway break to Killarney Royal which includes:
- Full Irish Breakfast each morning
- 4-course evening meal for adults on the evening of your choice in either The Candle Room Restaurant or The Royal Bar & Bistro.
- Access to all the Halloween treats and activities which will be taking place in their sister property, Great Southern Killarney, conveniently located within a short walking distance of Killarney Royal.
Gleneagle Hotel & Apartments
The Gleneagle has a variety of packages so there will be an option for you no matter what your family dynamic is:
- Enjoy Bed and Breakfast in a Family Room for 2 adults + 1 or 2 Children.
- Upgrade to a 2 Bedroom Suite: Luxurious double bedroom, small children’s bedroom with bunk beds, living room and bathroom
- Bed and Breakfast in a Family Room for 2 Adults + 3 Children
- Solo Parent Family Breaks 1 adult +1 child or 1 adult + 2 children
- 3 Nights Stay in their Apartments that sleep up to 5
This is not an exhaustive list of all the great places to stay in Kerry and there are plenty more options for any spooky request this mid-term break. Whether it’s a Spooktacular holiday or a relaxing break Kerry has something for everyone this Halloween!
Want something extra from your trip to Kerry? Check out our Kerry On Us packages for a break with a little something on us!
Follow us on social media at Experience Kerry and tag us in your photos of the Kingdom!
Note: All prices listed are subject to availability and are taken directly from the hotel’s website as of today 12/10/2022 and all offers are subject to the property’s terms & conditions. We advise booking as early as possible to guarantee your place. Please remember to book directly via the hotel’s website for the best rates.